Tuesday, September 29, 2009

FOOD!!!!

Our doctor told us that we could go ahead and get started on food. So Roy and I had an excursion to Wal-Mart to pick up some rice cereal. I'm not sure if picked the most opportune time to feed: He was starving. But at first he seemed intrigued by the spoonful of slop I shoved in his mouth.
However, it did not take long at all for Roy to realize that this in no way compares to milk. For the most I think it had to do with milk keeps coming, this goes slower and he has to be more patient.
Eventually we both kind of got the hang of it. He calmed down a little, and I shoved it in as fast as I could. It only took one night for me to learn that we need to eat the good old fashioned way before we start in on this new aged spoon stuff. But he is slowly getting the hang of it. I've been playing with the consistancy. Not too sure which way to go, thick and he doesn't open his mouth wide enough and it all ends up on his upper lip, runny and it all dribbles down his chin. Either way, he does not like getting his face scrubbed when we're done and parts are dried on. (though the dried on parts are usually his forehead or hair after he tries shoving it into his mouth with his hands and then rubs them all over his face)


No comments:

Post a Comment