Sunday, August 16, 2009

Back to Work

I had the "pleasure" of going back to work this past week. It's depressing to leave Roy, but he's in good hands. Scott and my mom are each watching him. They're doing a great job, even though Scott just puts Roy in his crib at nap time and lets him cry himself to sleep. It is what our doctor told us to do and Roy doesn't cry for too long before he settles down, but it makes me feel like I'm missing his milestones. Not sure that it's such a great milestone the first time they cry themselves to sleep, but it's a small glimpse at what's to come. Plus I seem to make it home just in time to enjoy his fussy time before bed. The work part isn't so bad. I get to see Roy on my lunch break and feed him and I'm pumping so the day really gets broken up and moves along quickly. Except that last half hour, it kills. I'm enjoying catching up with my coworkers and the gossip that I missed. Nonetheless, I would rather be home holding Roy and watching Baby Einstein.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Chanie - I guess at least work isn't horrible on top of having to be away from Roy. I wish you could stay home with him, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine how hard it is to be a working mom. It will get easier to deal with after awhile. At least that's what the moms told me when I was the day care provider. You know he's not only cared for but loved.

    ReplyDelete