Saturday, July 11, 2009

Pullman

This is my sister's cute house. Beth and Jeremy invited Scott, Roy and me there so spend the fourth of July. Of course they had alterior motives; they wanted to use Scott as slave labor and have him put a roof on their carport.
Jeremy helped a little, just kidding, they both did lots of work.
Since we had the boy cousins together, Beth and I used the opportunity to give them a bath together. They played the usual boy game and kicked each other in their little packages. Probably why they were both crying by the time they got out.
Some of Beth and Jeremy's friedns invited us over to their condo to swim and eat pizza. Tucker was a good boy and slept in his carseat so his parents could swim, Roy and I sat out and watched everyone else, though I didn't mind in the least. It was shaded at the pool and Roy was good and just watched his Papa swim.
And of course since it was the 4th of July we did lots and lots of fireworks. We went to the friends parents' house that we had met swimming. Between everyones purchases it was quite the show. Especially since we were in Washington and didn't have to abide by the stupid Oregon laws of nothing over 8 feet.
It was a really fun weekend for both of us. Scott worked really hard, but enjoyed getting to work with wood connecting the carport roof to their house. I played with my sister and got to eat lots of good food. Beth marinated the best steaks ever, too bad she can't remember what type they were. Our plan was to come home Sunday, but Scott wasn't going to leave until the roof was done. They finished Monday in the early evening. That was lucky for me, because Sheila and her girls had just gotten there for their visit and I was able to get to play Phase 10 with her and Beth while the girls played. However the game took us hours between pausing to start dinner and take care of crying babies. A great little holiday weekend!




3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys had such a good visit! I need to move closer so I can play, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a blast too, you are all welcome to come back whenever you want. We'll make sure to play some more next time we see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks and sounds like a good time was had by all plus getting the roof on. I'm in favor of family get togethers OFTEN! gram

    ReplyDelete